Lakshmi Narayana Nursery and Primary School
Lakshmi Narayana Nursery and Primary School (LNS) is located in the rural area of Pattiveeranpatti, in Dindigul
District, South India. The school was founded in the year 1997 by Chandra Vijayasarathy, a visionary educator
and wife of the current principal, Mr. S. Vijayasarathy. The aim of LNS is to offer high quality education to
the children of Pattiveeranpatti and its environs. The school is situated in a lovely campus surrounded by a
clean and healthy environment.
LNS is a registered nonprofit Trust with an enrollment of three hundred and forty nine students from Pre K to Grade 5.
by the school to those
who are unable to bring lunch..
English is the medium of instruction. Apart from English, Tamil, Math, Social Studies, Science, General Knowledge,
Hindi and Computer Science make up the curriculum of the school. Text books and the syllabi are carefully chosen
keeping in mind the need for a high standard of education as well as its relevance to the present day.
Teachers are handpicked and trained and as a result the aim of the school has been consistently achieved. The majority of the teachers are women and LNS has offered these highly qualified women an opportunity to give back to their community and promote the rights of rural women to equal job prospects. To encourage parents to send their daughters to school, LNS has invested in three buses that are sent to pick-up and drop- off the children. The emphasis on educating girls has been very well received in Pattiveeranpatti. The school focuses on instilling in its students, high moral values such as equality, dignity, tolerance, reliability, honesty, and above all, respect for each other and all faiths.
and Founder Chandra Vijayasarathy
with 4th grader N. Pranav who won the
2016 National English Speech Contest
and Spelling Bee.
in every classroom.
LNS Principal S. Vijayasarathy and
Founder Chandra Vijayasarathy
with Alumna Keerthana Kesavan,
one of LNSís first female students
to graduate from the 5th Grade in 2004.
The demand for education is growing in the poorer rural areas of South India. This school provides a solid foundation
in education in an area where good English medium schools are non-existent. Moreover, with a cap of 28 students per class,
Lakshmi Narayana Nursery and Primary School stands apart from other rural schools where there are usually over 60
children crowded into a classroom.
The conscientious administration, committed faculty, competent and caring support staff endeavor to leave an indelible mark by offering quality education and providing a unique opportunity for rural children in and around Pattiveeranpatti.
SABHA has set up an Educational Development Fund to help educate children from underprivileged families. The Educational Development Fund will also augment the salary of a teacher to teach an additional class on Saturdays.
LNS - a Unique Rural School
• All class rooms are equipped with the EduComp Smart class System linked to a wider State curriculum.
• Computer Science is introduced from the 1st grade and the school has a Computer Lab with eight computers.
• The library is equipped with books for children of all ages. The library is also well stocked with books on professional development for the teaching faculty.
• The school takes part in competitions like Math, Science, General Knowledge Spelling Bee, and Arts & Craft, at both the state and national levels.
• The school provides a well balanced lunch for those children who are unable to or cannot afford to bring their own.
• All students at LNS learn basic skills in fireless cooking, gardening and nutrition.
• After school activities include yoga, karate, chess, music, and dance.
• Sports play an important role in the life of the school.
• Special Saturday tuition classes are conducted to prepare 5th Grade students for Hindi Language State Exam.
• Students may also attend a Saturday English Language Lab class or learn a 3rd language.
Service Areas: Lakshmi Narayana Nursery and Primary School
• Building projects
• Infrastructure for technology
• Teacher workshops
• Update school library
• Extra-curricular activities
• Educational Development Fund
• Purchase of three new computers for the computer lab
• Visit by SABHA director 2015
• Purchase of sports equipment 2015
• Purchase of Computer software and more library books 2014
• Purchase of additional library books 2013
• Visit by SABHA Director 2012
• Generator to power the school 2012
• Playhouse for Montessori classroom 2012
• Teacher workshops 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011 and 2012
• Purchase of two computers 2011
• Purchase of photocopier 2011
• New library shelves and books 2011
• Volunteers 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011
• Purchase of a computer 2008
• Three new classrooms 2007
All contributions are tax deductible.